Creative Island is the Cultural Development Agency for the Isle of Wight committed to improving the quality of life for all those who live on the Island.
We want to make the best use of the resources we have, nurture talent, ensure we are better connecting people, encourage collaboration between the Island’s heritage and creative sector and attract new investment into the Island.
We are curious about how to encourage generosity, make connections with other Island communities around the world who share some of the same challenges. We want to express ourselves as a contemporary, vibrant set of communities of 33 parishes, nine towns and one Island.
To achieve this we will:
- Ensure the successful delivery of All the Wonder, the cultural strategy for the Isle of Wight
- Raise the creative ambitions of young people on the Isle of Wight by leading the Cultural Education Partnership for the Island
- Support and nurture talent through the IW Creative Network, providing business support, networking, resources and profiling for Creatives based on the Isle of Wight, allowing them to thrive as sustainable businesses
- Convene, connect and encourage collaboration by delivering a regular series of local and sector conversations across the Island
- Identify and secure new resources to support cultural activities
- Develop local, regional, national and international partnerships and opportunities for the Museums and creative sector